The VESDA LaserSCANNER locates the origin of smoke by identifying the first sector (pipe) with the highest level of smoke and then continues to sample from all sectors to monitor fire growth.
The VLS draws air from all sectors in use. If the smoke level reaches the Adaptive Scan Threshold, the VLS quickly scans each pipe to identify which pipe is carrying smoke. If more than one pipe is transporting smoke, the sector with the highest smoke concentration is designated as the First Alarm Sector (FAS).
Once Fast Scan is completed and the FAS identified, the VLS continues to closely monitor all four sectors (pipes) to monitor fire growth and maintain full protection of the area.
There are four alarm levels (Alert, Action, Fire 1 and Fire 2) for each sector (pipe). Sector factors (sensitivity) can be set individually to ensure the optimal alarm thresholds are applied for each sector. An extra LED indicates when the first alarm sector has been established.
Key features include:
- Individual pipe identification
- Adaptive Scan Threshold
- Wide sensitivity range (0.005 – 20% obscuration/m and 0.0015 – 6% obscuration/ft)
- Laser-based smoke detection covering 2,000 m2 or 20,000 sq. ft
- VESDAnet™ communication
- 4 alarm levels per sector
- High efficiency aspirator
- Clean air barrier optics protection
- Easy to replace air filter
- 7 or 12 programmable relays option