VESDA VLC offers protection for small to medium areas that require cost effective very early warning. It offers the same wide sensitivity range as the VESDA VLP and VESDA VLS — 0.005 to 20% obs/m (0.0015 to 6% obs/ft).
The VESDA VLC supports three configurable alarm levels (Alert, Pre-Alarm and Fire).
The VLC is available in two versions, one that interfaces via relays only (RO) and one that interfaces via relays and VESDAnet (VN). The VN version is compatible with the remote Display Module, which allows the current status of the detector to be reported in the most convenient location. The remote Display Module has 7 remote relays to support any combination of signalling that may be demanded by the application. The VN version allows several detectors to be linked together on VESDAnet thereby allowing one to act as a reference detector for other VESDA detectors.
Key features include:
- Absolute smoke detection (coverage of 800 m2 or 8,000 sq. ft)
- Wide sensitivity range (0.005 – 20% obscuration/m and 0.0015 – 6% obscuration/ft)
- Single pipe inlet
- Five status LEDs
- VESDAnet communication (VN)
- Clean air barrier optics protection
- Three alarm levels
- Three programmable relays
- Air flow monitoring
- Optional remote display and relay capability