The HS-5800 series of control panels are fully expandable from 2 to 8 loops and supplied with 8 on-board sounder circuits, 20 programmable zonal LED’s with slide-in labels, and 25 system LED’s for information purposes. There are also 8 programmable function buttons with LED indication for confirmation of operation.
The control panel consists of the latest dual flash-based microprocessor technology combined with a high resolution / high contrast graphical LCD display and tactile keypad providing a simple ‘Select & Click’ programming aid for engineer configuration and end-user operation.
Powerful cause and effect programming coupled with ‘DynamiX’ zoning, and enhanced ‘Trace Diagnostics’ makes the panel suitable for a wide range of site applications from small to large complex multi-area systems. Fully programmable on-site via the on-board alphanumeric keypad, or PC-NeT configuration software.
An extensive suite of user-friendly Windows based PC software programs have been developed to enhance your experience when using the Elan series of fire panels. The suite incorporates a number of different programmes to include a Configuration, Service, Logo and Virtual Panel Tool to allow the flexibility of the equipment to be fully explored.
Simply adding a network card allows the panel to communicate with any other Elan fire panel, current range of Advanced Electronics fire panels, Remote Terminal, or Network Peripheral, such as, ‘ipGateway™’ or BMS/Graphical Interface. The network operates as a true peer-to-peer system and can be configured in a fault-tolerant loop or radial format.
- 20 programmable Zonal / 25 System LED’s with slide-in labels.
- Dedicated loop driver for Apollo & Hochiki protocol support.
- Advanced graphical LCD user interface and support for up to 200 fire zones by default allowing full EN54 compliance without additional hardware expansion.
- Dual flash-based microprocessor technology with Real-Time Clock on-board.
- Dedicated USB & RS232 Serial Port for direct PC or modem connection.
- Installer friendly ‘Auto-learn’, ‘Loop Detection’ and on-board Scope facility for ease of Commissioning and Fault finding.
- Fully programmable via the on-board alphanumeric keypad, or PC configuration tools.
- The Graphical display can be configured to operate with virtually any language or character set, and allow the installer’s logo to be applied using the ‘Logo’ application software.
- Robust removable equipment chassis with plug-in connectors for simple fixing and cable termination.
- Integral ‘P-Bus’ for system expansion via available option cards.
- Connection to the ‘Ad-NeT’ peer-to-peer network is achieved using a simple plug-in network card allowing the system to share up to 2000 zones with full cross panel reporting, control and site-wide cause and effect functionality.
Dual flash-based Processors with Real-Time Clock, ‘Trace’ Diagnostics, Programmable Languages and Character Sets
White Backlit 240 x 64 Graphical LCD
4 Red (3 x Fire, 1 x More Alarms), 1 Green (Power) & 20 Amber (Fault & System)
Alpha Numeric Keypad permitting Navigation, Reset, Mute, Silence, Resound, Evacuate, and 4 x Programmable Push Buttons
No of Fire Zones
2000 ‘Dynamix’ (200 per individual panel)
No of Loops
Dedicated 2 -8 loop control panel
500mA per loop
On Board Sounder Circuits
8 x 1 amp, programmable
On Board Relays
4 x 1 amp, 30v AC/DC programmable (10mA, 5v min) – Expandable using HS-507
2 x 24v, 500mA
2 x monitored, programmable input, on board
Programmable Key Switch Inputs
16 x Volt Free Digital Inputs
Total Available Output Current
2 x 5A maximum, available for loop current + sounder outputs + auxiliary supply
200 – 240v 47-63 Hz AC (+10%, -15% tolerance) 1.4A Max
2 x 24V 4Ah internal (min), 2 x 24V, 18Ah internal (max), or 1 x 24V 45Ah internal (max) and 1 x 24V 45Ah external (max) using optional battery enclosure
2 x 2A temperature compensated
2 x On-board RS232 connection for PC, Modem, IP, or Portable Printer
2 x USB B type connection for PC Communication
On board keypad or PC running Windows tools
2 x 5000 event & diagnostic + 500 fire
Optional plug in Network Card (HS-503 – Standard, or HS-509 – Fault-Tolerant)
Enclosure / Colour
Steel IP30 / Radon MW334E Interpon powdercoat
Cable Entry (20mm Knockouts)
30 x Top, 6 x Rear, & 3 x Bottom plus 2 x double knockout rear
Size, H x W x D mm
Extended Enc: 750 x 450 x 190