Salamander is a system of battery-powered, magnetic fire door holders and closers controlled by radio signals from a central controller. The range also includes a portable vibrating pillow alarm for alerting hearing impaired people in the event of a fire.
Innovative wire free radio technology means quick and easy fitting with no more unsightly cables and no need for major renovation.
Salamander holds up to 99 fire doors in the open position and is suitable for fire doors at the top of stairwells.
Salamander door holders can be relocated to different doors as building layout changes. Its large range of mounting options includes stands, chain mounted keepers and floor mounting brackets. Booster units can be easily added to cover large installations
- Wire free
- Suitable for doors up to and including power size 5
- Meets stringent protection measures needed at crucial fire exits requiring category A protection
- Prolonged fire door life
- Low maintenance
- Two alkaline C cell batteries provides 12 months battery life
- Low battery warning one month in advance
- Approved to EN1155
- CE marked under the Construction Products Regulation
- EMC approved